Movie: Engeyum Kaadhal (Thamizh, 2011)
- The film is like an evening breeze; Savourable as long as one stays at the beach and no more. The mix of fun with a happy romance is quite new to Thamizh films and to that extent, Prabhudeva's efforts are laudable.
- 'Jayam' Ravi's is an easy role to play and he does it quite well. A meaty role is offered to the meaty 'meeta' Hansika Motwani and she grabs it to do well.
- The USP of the film are its 6 months old songs! - Be it the experimental Rap-violin fusion Bathing at Cannes or the classical Nenjil nenjil or the other run-of-the-mill scintillating tunes of Harris - All of them have been picturised marvelously; Nangai & Thee Illai are especial screams!
- Nirav Shah's work behind the lens and the locations make the Visuals look spectacular.
- The small roles played by Prabhudeva & Prakashraj - nice try!
- Some of the cliches such as the derogatory fat lady, fat boy comedies are irritants.
- Lack of concrete substance makes the post-interval transformations look unbelievable.