Movie: Vaanam (Thamizh, 2011)
- The comedy scenes involving Simbu, Santhanam & Ganesh are the sole relief in this otherwise dud of a film.
- The performances of Saranya, her father-in-law thaatha & Prakashraj were notably good - they are the saving graces. Especially, the old man showing vulnerability instantly earns the sympathy.
- Some very few scenes towards the end of the first half - very few.
- Converging tracks on the lines of Amores Perros, Babel alright. But there is no proper connection between the tracks. All so-called connections are deliberate and silly. That makes it a boring watch.
- The utterly terrible positioning of songs - all songs infact. (Never seen two songs played back to back in any film!)
- Simbu's love track completely lacks seriousness & so when he tells his lover that his love was true, it was such a silly thing to watch. There are so many such scenes in the film.
- The uninspiring background music , editing , poor graphics & side-screen techniques add salt to the wound.
- The final climax involving so called terrorists with back-packs & deepavali thupaakkis perfectly symbolise the amateurity of the whole film - Messages and all get delivered after the climax absurdities are shown!