Plot: A pregnant woman comes from London to Kolkata in search of her husband who had mysteriously lost his touch with her. With the help of Bengal police and a manager at the place her husband works, she understands the presence of a person identical to her husband in looks. The Intelligence Bureau is highly interested in this person and the answers to the 'why' questions reveal more than what one might have expected.
- Sujoy Ghosh strikes the right chord by creating a setup that is refreshingly new for an investigation thriller. It works big time in making the audience interested in the proceedings.
- The wise use of foreshadowing, parallelism, giving out prominent cues etc. decorate the efforts of the screenplay writers headed by Ghosh himself.
- Vidya Balan comes in a daringly good avatar and creates an impact! The policeman Rana, the hot-running-water kid, Khan etc. play prominent side-roles.
- The editing with fast-paced cuts and the camera that chases people in outdoor sequences are apt to the tempo the film carries!
- The character of Bob starts off in a terrorising fashion but fizzles out after some not-well-explained killings and a post-interval dampener.
- The twist is somewhat predictable but that isn't a negative. The consequences not affecting the motto of the individual is something that doesn't explain itself well.
A thrilling Kahaani, wisely told!