Plot: A trio comprising a guru and two proteges are seasoned experts in arranging seval sandais across their district. In a big event, a difference in judgment of the capabilities of a seval by the guru and one of his proteges shifts the focus from rooster-clashes to ego-clashes setting up an intriguing finale. The honest protagonist has an anglo indian girl as his ally in testing times.
- Vetrimaran's radiant story, screenplay and direction. All actors have performed nicely. The screenplay is of the no-nonsense type with a superb shift from cock fights to the fall of a giant possessed by his king sized ego.
- Dhanush's action. He exceeds benchmarks and does everything - Humour,dance,emotion,speech accent - perfectly; A role tailor-made for him and he makes full use of it.
- The core areas of cinematography,editing,stunts have been handled with perfection. Credits to the team for acknowledging Indian and foreign films that have inspired the cinematography techniques employed.
- GV Prakash's songs and background music. It's a pity that En vennilave wasn't picturised completely but the picturisation of the rest of the songs more than makes up for it.
- The pre-interval rooster fight scene - Suspenseful and brilliant aided by some very good graphics work.