Plot: A story on how a family struggled before surviving and reuniting after a devastating Tsunami struck the Thailand resort they were enjoying their Christmas weekend in!
- The film is based on a true story. And has been made keeping that in mind which is why it possesses the ability to touch one's senses!
- Appreciations to the Spanish technical crew to have come up with a realistic filming of an event most of us were familiar with. The film, looks-wise, convinces us of the Tsunami's wrath.
- Performance-wise, the elder son who helps his Mom recover shines and close on his heels are Naomi Watts and Mcgregor.
- The scenes that stand out are these: The one where the boy helps a Swedish father reunite with his son and the one in which he he displays sheer joy after seeing a kid his Mom saved getting into his relative's hands!
- The final reunion of brothers makes you feel gleeful, for, something similar must have happened in the true story as well!
Yet another celebration of Human Spirit and Survival Instincts!