It's time for me to say 'Kadaisiya naa paatha english padam Sholay nga!'
The story of Once upon a time in the West is presented with the two lead characters adopted from The good,the bad & the ugly and Sholay is surely worth being the legend that I have heard it to be.
- Amitabh Bachchan & Dharmendra have given stellar performances. Amitabh , with his subdued body language presents the desi Clint Eastwood blondie characte & Dharmendra brings out the Tuco in him & saves his fiery best for the climax.
- Dream debutant Amjad Khan with his brilliant expressions!! He hasn't immortalised Gabbar Singh without reason.
- Credits for the writer director duo of Salim Javed & Ramesh Sippy for tying the two classic Sergio Leone western masterpieces and proving it with the Indian touch.
- Camera work is pretty good & RD Burman scores with the evergreen hit number Yeh Dosti & mouth-organ background.
- Hema Malini,as the chatter box,reminded me of Dasavatharam's Asin!
- Just after about the half-way mark, the film loses intensity & seriousness for a while.
- Needless songs in the middle.