Plot: Police's rescue operation to save the kidnapped daughter and wife of a businessman backfires leading them to death. The businessman, after 15 years,meets a woman who looks exactly like his wife; he marries her to relive the past - His partner feels he has been obsessed with his old life and that's exactly when the new wife too gets kidnapped.What comes after it makes this a suspense thriller.
- The eeriness and a highly unpredictable screenplay from Brian de Palma clinch the viewer's attention.
- The acting of the heroine who plays a double role;She's nicely supported by the underplayed act of Cliff Robertson.
- The grand and suspense inducing music of Hernard Bermann.
- The police's attempt to fill in papers instead of notes is very weak.
- The way Mike instantaneously believes a repeat kidnap.