Plot: An estranged widow shocked by the unfortunate and untimely loss of her husband is brought back to her senses and normalcy by a chain of pre-planned letters conceived by none other than the dead husband!
- The idea shown is sweet,strange & positive - Helps in making the viewer eager to know what's going to be up next.
- Hilary Swank is best when it comes to expressing emotions. She does that in this film too. She's at her innocent best when she says "What vital parts?All my parts are vital" in the Wild-Irish dog scene & her final emotional outburst at the hands of her mom is classy.
- The characterisations of Gerry (Gerard Butler) & Holly's Mom are good too.
- The final letter and the little twist it brings!
- The friends of Holly (especially Denise) & the Irish band guitarist seem like interruptions & they irritate.
- The film moves a tad too slow.