Movie: Drohi (2010,Tamil)
Plot: Two ten year old 'thick as thieves' friends separate after betraying each other. They keep playing the cat-n-mouse games for years together & finally shake hands after realising that they were being used as pawns by the area chieftains all that while.
- The director Sudha,a lady who is an associate of ManiRatnam has made a good debut;Credits to her Kathryn Bigelow-like attempt to make a male-centric thug film.
- Both Srikanth & Vishnu have done well. Srikanth,especially, has broken his stereotypical shackles finally. Yet, he remains unlucky wrt getting a break as the film has become a flop.
- Background music of Selvaganesh is good. Cannot say the same for songs-they are pathetic.
- Heroines. They have no role to play. Without them, the film would have been a 90 minute ride and would have looked a lot less amateurish.
- It was saddening to see a good actress like Pooja in such a small role. Too big a penalty for playing a beggar in Naan Kadavul.