Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Two Line Reviews - #100

I chose this film specifically for the Milestone number 100! Have always wanted to see this one and have been missing it all this while for strange reasons. Me being fascinated by the legend that The Godfather series is, it was mandatory for me to complete the series and I have done that now.

Movie: The Godfather - Part III (1990)


Claps:
  • A film that has been Under-rated to the core.This is a terrific film in its own right. I don't understand why people have rated it so badly compared to the parts I and II. Anyone who loved Godfather I and II will love this edition as well,or that holds good atleast to me!
  • Al Pacino , as the aged mellowed down Corleone is brilliant in his portrayal.
  • The surprise package was Andy Garcia as Vincent Mancini. He is ruthless,cool headed and graceful as the new Corleone.
  • The climax set in the backdrop of an opera show is a treat - Brings back the climax of the first part,Nino Rota's music providing able support throughout.
Blips:
  • The role of Mary wasn't good. The performance of Sofia Copolla as Mary adds fuel to the fire.
  • The small post-climax scene shatters the aura the Corleone's had accumulated in the three parts.
 Overall Score: 9.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment