Friday, July 9, 2010

Two line Reviews - #50!!

This little work of me reaches a small milestone.
Time for some thanksgiving. Thanks to the two Anands,Kaushik,Manikandan,Satish for the comments & feedback on these films and these reviews. And thanks to all other anonymous patrons who have made the hit stats counter hit this big a number(1788 as i record this).

I hope to keep going and thank a few more guys when I hit the turn with the stone showing a 100. Let's see.

Movie: Fight Club (1999)

I hand-picked this film for my 50th review for the reason that I didn't want to spoil the occasion reviewing a bad film. I have heard this one is very good, rated so high & for some strange reason, I hadn't seen it before.



Claps:
Edward Norton - The electrifying persona of his.
The cool, kick-ass stuff from Brad Pitt.
That little twist in the end - Was worth the wait.
The narrative offered by Norton. Funny,hard-hitting and enthralling.
In the end,I would say "I am Jack,the happy film-watcher"

Blips:
The idea of Tyler Durden to bring the city to level terms.

Overall Score: 9.5/10

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Sivaram.. gud work.. keep going.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great choice for the 50 th da... definitely not 'sura'... :)
    this is the first movie i saw (a long time back)which had a 'twist'... a diff plane of thinking... made a great impact on me. inspired me to watch more movies...made me understand that watching a movie is like thrusting your hands into a mystery bag unaware of what u ll find...

    ReplyDelete