Thursday, July 1, 2010

Two line Reviews - #41

Movie: Into the Wild (2007)



Claps:
A big ovation to Sean Penn and his crew for taking me 'Into the wild'. Watching this film was a terrific experience. It straightaway joins my 10/10 list that already has films like 'Forrest Gump','October Sky' in it.
A lesser known Emile Hirsch gets the role of a lifetime and has toiled hard but I'm sure he must have been proud of his work.
Cinematography,Locations and the philosophical dialogues and lines in tracks are huge pluses too. To quote a few:
  • "There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;There is a rapture on the lonely shore;There is society where none intrudes;By the deep sea and music in its roar:I love not man the less but nature more..."
  • "If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason,the possibility of life is destroyed"

Blips:
The complex non-linear narrative could have been avoided. The film didn t need that in my honest opinion.

Overall Score: 10/10

1 comment:

  1. "Society, you are a crazy breed... hope u r not lonely without me"
    10/10 is the right score... 'Society' sung by Eddie Vedder sets a provoking mood to the already fantastic storyline (infact its a true story. Hates off to him)... into the wild, motorcycle diaries, babel, children of heaven...etc, are some of my 10/10 movies.

    ReplyDelete