Friday, June 11, 2010

An attempt at poetry

The network was down at office. It meant I couldn't work.And that was not all. To be honest I couldn't youtube,couldn't facebook,couldn't wiki,couldn't imdb,couldn't google, couldn't what not! That's when I thought of taking a shot at writing some poem.There is a suspense which I will reveal at the end of this blog.Hope the reader finds it interesting and has a laugh. Here it goes:

"Higher,higher,higher
rose the fire inside me.
Alter,alter,alter -
The style that belonged in me.

One innocent little thing,
I'm a pure gold king!
Yes..I haven't been that clean,
My face ought to be clean - I mean.

King,king,king
I'm the king of my ring
King,king,king
Roses all over the ring
King,king,king
I'l blow off your thing
king,king,king
sing praises of the king

The classes - we bunk;
The exams - we don't flunk.
Haven't seen the rise of the sun,
When we rise,our watches show 'ten'.
Our romantic thoughts scale light houses!
Alas - The answers in exams have short douses!!

What that causes burns is fire,
We learn from straits that are dire.

(Higher,higher,higher..)

Yes,we we work out with vigor-
Arms,chest,shoulders with rigor;
Heavily inspired by Schwarz Arnold!
On fights,we escape - not that bold.

Form the band,hit the beats,
For,we have blood that heats.
Power up,break your tether,
For,we can fly with no feather.

Aim to reach heights
Not scaled even by kites.

(Higher,higher,higher..)
"


If the poem isn't coherent,excuse me.. And all opinions on it shall be showered on Na.Muthukumar. For he was the one who wrote the lyrics for 'Yethi..Yethi' from Vaaranam Aayiram. My poem is a translation of that..Now read the poem again.Hope someone somewhere had a good time reading it!

6 comments:

  1. haha .. i found out the inspiration after a few lines

    good one :)
    it made me laugh ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the network going down can turn you into such a great poet (Isn't translation a partially creative work ???) then its better the network stays down and you are forced to come up with such hilarious pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now am curious..What exactly do u guys do @ Infy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good translation .. found the similarity while reading it only ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. of all de ppl ..oly u came up wit such a thing!!! ayo raaama mudiyale saaaami...:)

    ReplyDelete