Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Serendi....PITY :-(

Prologue:
No traces of rain water clogging on the route from Nungambakkam to Mogappair.

The serendipitous story unveiled:

•249 out of 250 times, I station my bike at a stand near Nungambakkam railway station when I go to office.
•97 out of 100 times, I don’t work so late that I travel back home in a cab and leave my bike at the stand to be taken the next day.
•499 out of 500 times, it doesn’t rain this crazy on a May 19 in my city.

What if karma takes all these stats for a toss??
Net result:
I end up traveling a distance of 10 kms in 70 mins,of which I meander(struggling and swearing) through a stretch of 2 kms in one of the arterial roads(100 feet road) in the city clogged knee deep with water in 50 mins ,causing considerable damages to my bike and my shoes in the process.

What happened?
•It was that 1/250 times that I parked my bike elsewhere(at Mambalam). I had been to a function there that day.
•It was one of the 3/100 times I took a cab back home leaving my bike at the stand in Mambalam.
•The next day was that 1/500 days in May when it poured crazy in Chennai.

999/1000 times I cannot stand such obnoxious acts of fate but this again was that 1 odd time where I could hold together my mind and hence this blog. No signs of hatred towards the city, the roads.Why? Answer follows.

One interesting thing I noted during my course of meandering:
In front of CMBT stood inscribed on a wall the lines which upon transliteration in English come close to: “CMBT – Foundation stone laid by Hon.Chief Minister Karunandhi”.
Ten metres away from it stood another inscription that read: “CMBT – Inaugurated by Hon.Chief Minister Jayalalitha”.

Now I know why I love this city! I got back my lost temper and sense of humor.I still love my city.
Damn me. Damn this city. Damn Laila!! And Damn Destiny!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Good one dude! Have traveled so much through CMBT, but never noticed it! Don't we love Chennai! Hoping to return to the city sometime in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see that you too noticed it ... Ive had a laugh about everytime I pass CMBT ... I loveeeeeee Chennaiiiii !!! Nicw piece of writing wherein you have turned a tragedy into a comedy by an act of self-ridicule ... Hope you get what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed thos inscriptions as well..!! smell of singara chennai lingered wen i read thro ur post..!!! thanks for jus givin me tat fresh feel..wen i'm miles n miles away from it...! chennai has nt changed a bit..n tat's one interestin n fascinatin thing abt it.. Love u.. n miss u..Chn..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been to CMBT a couple of times and i have also noted it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!
    Anand - Yes,i get it :)
    Devi - W r u now? USA ah? Good that I reminded u of the city. Btw,how did you get hold of my blog page..From FB?

    ReplyDelete