Plot: Secret Agent 007 returns, this time to nab the terrorists who have access to the hard disk carrying the identities of MI6 agents working under cover in different terrorist organizations. On mission, Bond travels to Shanghai and back to Britain where he finds the villain who has a special dislike for their mutual boss M. Bond's identity and national loyalties get debated in this action-ride.
- Sam Mendes has taken a route less travelled thus far in the Bond Franchise and asks questions and delivers answers on some points worth considering. In that way, the game is interesting.
- Daniel Craig's James Bond is pleasantly quite different from the suave and unperturbed ways of the previous Bonds. Here too, he performs death-defying stunts. The Turkey episode, even though it isn't as adrenaline-pumping as the Parkour episode in Casino Royale, is fun!
- Javier Bardem has played the role of the Hopkins, Joker type villain and makes the second half of the film more solid. Judi Dench plays a meatier role than the ones she has had before!
- Adele's title song and the famous Bond theme that gets played frequently in the latter half are worth mentioning as they keep us interested too.
- The usual girl,martini & gadget routine is sorely missed (even though the compensation is refreshingly good!)
- The basic story is as old as the hills; It takes Bond loyalty not to mock at the mission!
- The issue on England & Scotland being Bond's home could have been dealt with off-the-screen!
One of the 'Villain-saves-the-ship' kind!